Brokenwood Cricket Pitch Red (6 Bottles) Hunter Valley



Excellent colour and mid-density. Being 60% Cabernet Sauvignon and 29% Shiraz it is more of the classic Aussie blend Cabernet/Shiraz. Lifted dark fruit and cedar notes on the nose. A rich mouth feel from the McLaren Vale Cabernet Sauvignon and Shiraz. Fine tannins with the oak very much in the background ensuring great drinkability.

Mostly vinomatic fermenters used, after 2-3 day cold soak prior to ferment. This wine is matured in French oak up to 18 months with a small percentage being in new oak barrels.

The 25th vintage of Cricket Pitch Red (not counting the 1986) is both multi-varietal and multi-regional. Nearly 60% of fruit was from NSW with Gundagai and Central Ranges providing the bulk. Both regions enjoyed trouble free vintages. The remaining 40% is split equally between McLaren Vale and Beechworth. A very hot and short vintage in McLaren Vale, which meant keeping the water up to the vines. Beechworth had a near perfect vintage. Somewhat of a cliché but the combination of all really does over deliver in quality, appropriate being our 25th release.



Established in 1970 Brokenwood Wines is one of Australia’s most reputable premium wine labels and a must-visit in the Hunter Valley.

Consistently listed as a 5 star winery, Brokenwood is home to the famous Graveyard Vineyard Shiraz, the highly acclaimed ILR Reserve Semillon, and the popular Cricket Pitch Range.

Visit our Cellar Door for a casual, private or group tasting or, go behind the scenes on a tour of our winery with one of our bespoke experiences. Prior booking is essential.


There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Brokenwood Cricket Pitch Red (6 Bottles) Hunter Valley”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *